Overview of E Shram Card
The E-shram card scheme was launched by the Ministry of Labor and Employment, Government of India in August 2021 for the welfare of unorganized sector workers and laborers. The people who register for the E-shram card scheme will get an E-Shram Card having a 12-digit Unique Identification Number (UAN). It is the first-ever national database of unorganized workers including migrant workers, construction workers, gig and platform workers, etc.
Registered members will be eligible for a plethora of benefits after signing up for the Shramik Yojana apart from receiving an e-Shram card. Aside from that, workers will benefit from the government's adoption of social security programs. The Ministry of Labor & Employment is already running various schemes for the welfare of eligible citizens. If a person is already taking benefits from the schemes initiated by the Ministry of Labor can not apply for a Shramik Card. . Further, there is no need to renew the eSHRAM card but to regularly update their details, mobile number, current address, etc. In order to keep his account active, he/she is required to update his account at least once a year.
Eligibility for E-Shram Card
- ➤ Beneficiaries should be home-based workers, self-employed workers, or wage workers in the unorganized sector, or a worker in the organized sector who is not a member of ESIC or EPF or not a Govt. employee.
- ➤ Beneficiaries must be Citizens of India and work in India.
- ➤ They Must not be an Income Tax Payer
- ➤ Beneficiaries must be between the age of 16-59 years.
- ➤ They have to contribute a minimum of Rs 50 – 100 and the same amount will be credited by GOI.
- ➤ They should have a valid Mobile Number linked to their Aadhar Card. If the phone number is not linked, then applicants can go to the nearest CSC and get the biometric verification done.
- ➤ They must have a Bank Account.
Objectives of eSHRAM Portal
➤ Creation of a centralized database of all unorganized workers (UWs) including Construction Workers, Migrant Workers, Gig and Platform workers, Street Vendors, Domestic Workers, Agriculture Workers, etc., to be seeded with Aadhaar.
➤ To improve the social security services implementation efficiency for the unorganized workers.
➤Sharing of information in respect of registered unorganized workers with various stakeholders such as Ministries/ Departments/ Boards/ Agencies/ Organizations of the Central & State Governments through APIs for delivery of various social security and welfare schemes being administered by them.
➤ Portability of the social security and welfare benefits to the migrant and construction workers.
➤Providing a comprehensive database to Central and State Governments for tackling any National Crises like COVID-19 in the future.
Step 1: Visit the official website of the e-shram portal – eshram.gov.in.
Step 2: Click on the “Register on e-SHRAM” link given on the right side of the page. Upon clicking that option, you will be redirected to the next page. On that page, the candidate needs to do Self Registration
Step 3: Enter your phone number which is linked with your Aadhaar. You also need to confirm whether you are a member of EPFO or ESIC.
Step 4: Enter the captcha code and click on Send OTP.
Step 5: Read instructions and follow.
Step 6: Fill in the personal, educational, address, and bank details. After entering it, accept the terms and conditions and click on the 'Submit button'
Step 7: After filling out the form, you have to upload all relevant documents
Step 8: Click on Submit.
Step 9: Your self-registration process is completed. The candidate can also take a hard copy of the application form for future reference.
E Shram Pension Amount
Amount of Contribution
Amount of Government Contribution
Pension Amount under E Shram Card
Rs 50-100 per Month
Rs 3000/- Per Month
You can contribute to your E Shram Card as per your wish starting from Rs 50 per month and then get a pension of Rs 3000 per month after 60 Years of age. Moreover, you can increase your contribution and the same amount will be increased in Government Contribution. This will eventually increase your Pension Amount in the end.
Benefits of E-Shram Card Registration
E-Shram Card 2022 launched by the PMOI provides several benefits of E Shram Card apart from what is known to you. The benefits are discussed in the points given below.
- ➤ You will get a Pension of Rs 3000/- after attaining the age of 60 Years.
- ➤ The registered workers under the e-Shram portal, will be enrolled under PMSBY, and the premium for the first year will be borne by the Ministry of Labor & Employment, Government of India
- ➤ You will have complete insurance for any mishap during age up to 60 Years. After registering, he/she will get an Accidental Insurance cover of 2 Lacs under PMSBY.
- ➤ You have to contribute monthly through your E Shram Card and the same amount will be credited by the Government of India.
- ➤ You can avail other Government Schemes for Workers if you have your E Shram Card or Shramik Card.
Documents required for E-Shram Card Online Apply
- ➤ Aadhaar Card
- ➤ Mobile number registered with Aadhaar card
- ➤ Bank account details
- ➤ Ration Card
- ➤ Electricity Bill
A large population in India consists of workers who are engaged in the unorganized sector. These people are financially weak and have to face many hardships in their daily life. These people also do not have any idea how to secure their future. E Shram Card is likely to give critical support to them, especially in emergency and pandemic-like conditions. Further, more employment opportunities will be provided to the migrant labor workforce by tracking them.